Supports Healthy Liver Function
The liver collects and stores nutrients like vitamins A, D, E and K, as well as between two to four years worth of vitamin B12. This organ is also a storehouse for glycogen, and helps to control the amount of glucose in the bloodstream. When the liver, kidneys and skin are in top form, we have energy to burn - and glowing skin to match. But sometimes our bodies need a little help. D-Tox offers liver-protective dandelion, while N-acetyl cysteine restores the both enzymic and non-enzymic antioxidants. Burdock root encourages blood circulation to the skin surface, while DIM helps to keep hormones balanced.
- N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) A derivative of the amino acid L-cysteine, NAC helps to protect liver cells by scavenging free radicals and is known to promote detoxification in the body. Burdock root (Arctium lappa) Traditionally used in Japanese herbal medicines, burdock root helps to protect the liver from damage. This perennial herb may work through boosting antioxidant activity by restoring glutathione content inthe liver.
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) Widely used as a folk medicine to support liver health, dandelion helps to scavenge free radicals while inhibiting the production of nitric oxide. Milk thistle seed extract (Silybum marianum)Milk thistle has been used as a liver tonic for over 2000 years, and is known to prevent or reverse toxicity of some drug metabolites and naturally-occurring toxins.
- Oregon grape root (Mahonia aquafolia) Although the fruit is not really a grape, this evergreen shrub grows throughout the American northwestand was used by Native Americans for various complaints. Oregon grape root may enhance immune cell function through major constituents including the alkaloid berberine. Bile stimulating properties of this plant make it useful for detoxification.
- Diindolylmethane (DIM) Derived from cruciferous vegetables, DIM alters the metabolism of sex hormones and may help to diminish the toxic effects of hormones. D-Limonine Limonene is a monoterpene found in the essential oil of citrus fruits and other plants. Monoterpenes help to prevent abnormal cell growth and encourage the death of unhealthy cells, while at the same time promoting the metabolism of toxins to less dangerous forms.
- Manufacturer Warranty Limited to 1 year.