2000 IU D-3 with Bromelain - 60 Caps
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is crucial for cell differentiation, normalizing levels of calcium and phosphorus, maintaining strong bones, promoting healthy blood pressure and supporting immune system balance. It is an important nutrient that relies on daily skin-to-sun exposure for synthesis. Vitamin D3 requirements increase the further you live from the equator.
- It seems that every day we learn more about the health-promoting affects of fat-soluble vitamin D. Known as the sunshine vitamin because we manufacture it in response to skin contact with UV sun rays, it's one of the few vitamins our bodies can synthesize.
- Some researchers suggest we need up to 30 minutes of sun exposure between 10 AM and 3 PM at least twice a week to the face, arms, legs, or back without sunscreen for sufficient creation of vitamin D - making it a challenge for many people and raising concerns about skin photo-aging and Page 2 of 6 cancer. Likewise, UV rays from tanning beds can trigger synthesis of D, but come with an increased risk of melanoma.
- Naturally rich dietary sources of vitamin D are few and far between, and include different varieties of fish (tuna, mackerel, cod liver oil). Vitamin D is also available in goat's milk, shiitake mushrooms and eggs. Fortified foods, including milk, are other food sources of this essential nutrient.
- Note that vitamin D is typically not added to cheese and other dairy foods.) Foods can be fortified with either vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) synthesized by plants, or vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), which is the version synthesized in human skin with the sun's help. As a fat soluble nutrient, digestion and absorption of vitamin D can be a problem for those with challenged digestion. Use of digestive enzymes can boost absorption of vitamin D as well as other nutrients.
- Manufacturer Warranty Limited to 1 year.