Move aside, pumpkin spice latte. There's a new pumpkin favorite in town, and it's both delicious, healthy, AND easy to make. What could be better?!
When fall rolls around and the air turns crisp, there's nothing quite like a hearty bowl of chili to warm you up. If you're looking for a unique twist on this classic comfort food, consider try this delicious Pumpkin Chili. It's a flavorful, wholesome, and nutritious dish that's perfect for the season. Not to mention, it's packed with "secret" veggies (your kids won't even know), and a unique secret ingredient you'd never guess. This is our take on a fantastic recipe from themovementmenu.com, with added sweet potatoes and bacon. However, you can omit those to keep this both Paleo and Whole-30 compliant.
Here's what you'll need to make this delicious chili:
- 1.5 - 2 pounds of ground beef or turkey
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped (it cooks down well so feel free to add more!)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed (omit for Whole30)
- 5-6 slices of bacon (omit for Whole30/Paleo)
- 1 can (15 ounces) of pumpkin puree
- 1 can (15 ounces) of diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) of beef or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (I like to add more)
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dark baking cocoa powder (or more, I like to be generous here!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: sliced green onions, diced avocado, fresh cilantro, or cheese
Set your Instant Pot to sauté and add one tablespoon of avocado oil. Brown the ground beef in the Instant Pot. Break it into crumbles as it cooks, and once it's no longer pink, shut off the Instant Pot and remove any excess fat.
Add the diced onion, minced garlic, diced bell pepper, sweet potatoes and spinach to the pot.
Stir in the pumpkin puree, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beef or vegetable broth.
Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, chocolate powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, and lock the Instant Pot lid in place and set the valve to "sealing".
Select "Pressure Cook", and set the time to 25 minutes.
Once finished cooking, vent the pressure before removing the lid.
Serve your Paleo Pumpkin Chili hot, garnished with your choice of toppings, such as sliced green onions, diced avocado, fresh cilantro, or cheese (if you're not Paleo).
Conclusion: This Paleo Pumpkin Chili is a delightful autumn-inspired dish that combines the richness of chili with the comforting flavor of pumpkin. It's hearty, satisfying, and packed with nutrients. Whether you're following a strict Paleo diet or simply looking for a delicious fall meal, this recipe is a must-try. Thanks to themovementmenu.com for inspiring us with this fantastic recipe. Enjoy your warm, cozy bowl of Paleo Pumpkin Chili this season!